3.04.2012

Obsessions!

So, there's something you need to know about me. I go on random spurts of obsessing about random items. Last weekend, I went to a wedding show with lil' wee wong. It was a good show, lots of different vendors, table setting displays, fashion show, etc... But what reaaaaaaally caught my eye was the nespresso booth! I've seen the coffee makers before, but I was never interested because of the waste the individual pods create (check out this video about how the cups aren't recyclable). Like many other espresso machines, the CitiZ had a milk frother attached to it. This wasn't just the normal spout spewing steam. This frother is simply a canister, with a small whisk/whip attachment inside.

The frother uses magnets to spin the attachment. All you do to froth the milk is press the button on the front. It frothes it up, AND it heats the milk up! OMG I had to have it ( I also have a severe addiction to Starbucks). I couldn't stop thinking about this amazing machine for the rest of the day. When I got home, the first thing I did was to look up how much this machine costs. I knew it wouldn't be cheap, but I was definitely disappointed when I found out it was $400 :( I mostly loved the milk frother, and didn't care much about the espresso machine itself. Luckily, nespresso sells the frother on its own - aeroccino.



It was still $100, and I didn't know whether or not I wanted to spend that much on a milk frother. What's a girl to do but to whatsapp her mom? My mom's also a coffee addict. I asked her if she still had her aerolatte, a mediocre substitute for the AMAZING aeroccino. She didn't, but she did have this:

 I said I'll give it a try even though it wasn't as AWESOME as the aeroccino. I then told her that I saw this amaaaaazing frother by nespresso. The next thing I knew, she sent me this picture!!!

OMG - my mom has the aeroccino!!! I tried the aeroccino the next time I was home, and it was as amazing as I thought it would be. Fortunately, she was kind enough to give it to me <3. So here I am, with my first home-made cup of chai latte!!

It was delicious!! AND it didn't cost me $5.00!! I <3 my aeroccino! Thanks mom!!!

xoxo
-Meesh

No comments :

Post a Comment