4.03.2012

Chickpea salad...AKA unblended hummus

When I was on vacation in Cuba with Cal and his family, the dishes we really enjoyed all had chickpeas. I didn't think much about it though, it was just really good and that was that. The only thing I ever made with chickpeas was hummus. My hummus is very delicious, if I say so myself! haha. I'll post the recipe next time I make it. But, what inspired this post, and the following recipe, was Pinterest (Follow ME!) of course. Hopefully, this will be the first of many things I try to make with chickpeas.

Here's the original inspiration:
(Source)
I followed this recipe pretty closely.

Cilantro Chickpea Salad

Inspired by Oh She Glows

1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup of cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup of sweet onion, chopped
1 lime
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
dash of red chili flakes
2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk lime, mustard, olive oil, cumin, chili flakes, and garlic together until it comes together.
Toss with chickpeas, spinach, cilantro and onion.

I don't have a food processor, so I chopped everything by hand. If you have a processor, by all means, chop the spinach, onion, and cilantro with that.

Here's how it turned out:


Let me know if you like it!

xoxo
~Meesh

No comments :

Post a Comment